Anaheim is a popular tourist destination, and with attractions like Disneyland, K1 Speed Anaheim, Knott’s Berry Farm and more, it is very easy to see why.
With summer quickly approaching, it is time to start making some plans. Fortunately, Anaheim has plenty of choices, which means that everyone can keep busy this summer in Southern California.
1. Disney California Adventure Park. This lesser known park is part of the Disneyland family, but it is distinctly designed to stand on its own. The rides tend to be more accessible, and there are more options for younger children. Guests particularly rave about Cars Land and Tower of Terror.
2. Downtown Disney. This upscale district features shopping, dining and live entertainment. Visitors love the range of shopping venues, which includes the Lego Store and ESPN Zone. Better still, parking is free, making it easy to come back more than once.
3. Disneyland Park. No summer to-do list is complete without Disneyland. The rides may be fantastical, but most people discover that they love the friendly employees and interactive live entertainment, too. Fast passes are great to make a trip more efficient, but even the lines are often worthwhile.
4. Yorba Regional Park. With 140 acres, Yorba has lakes, streams, trees and more. Recreation options include bike trails, fishing spots, children’s play areas and shelters. Guests love that there is something for everyone in the family.
5. Anaheim Hills Golf Course. This course is well kept, and the design complements the landscape, making it very pleasant to visit. Golfers celebrate the course because it is quiet and challenging.
6. K1 Speed Anaheim. K1 Speed Anaheim has a fully enclosed go-kart track specifically designed for speed. The go-karts are high performance, which means they go fast. Visitors insist there is no go-kart track that can outdo K1 Speed Anaheim.
8. Sky Zone Anaheim Indoor Trampoline Park. This facility features padded wall-to-wall trampolines, allowing for safe and raucous activity. There are open play opportunities and also 3-D Dodgeball and SkyRobics fitness classes. Everyone loves the fast paced, sky high action.
9. City National Grove of Anaheim. This indoor venue seats up to 1,700 and can host musical acts, comedy performances, dance troupes and more. Guests thoroughly enjoy performances at the City National Grove thanks to the intimate interior and big screens.
10. Flightdeck Flight Simulation Center. Flightdeck is consistently ranked as one of the best attractions. The center has a range of simulators, giving guests the chance to experience the height of air combat or the reality of commercial flight. Guests also love watching the action on large screen televisions in the Officers Club.
11. Anaheim Tour Company. This tour company offers tours of Hollywood, Orange County and Newport Beach. Tours can also feature shopping venues and theme parks. These tours are highly rated by guests thanks to the range of packages and the insightful guides.
12. Adventure City. This smaller theme park is big on thrills. The park has many rides and attractions, including a large portion that are good for children under 12. Visitors love Adventure City because it is affordable and the lines are much shorter than at larger theme parks in the area.
13. Anaheim GardenWalk. Anaheim GardenWalk is a premier choice for shopping, dining and entertainment. The facility has been revitalized with modern flourishes, featuring upscale stores and popular eateries. It is also great after hours with plenty of choices for nightlife.
14. Knott’s Berry Farm. Knott’s Berry Farm has a Snoopy theme, showcasing rides and stores with everyone’s favorite Peanut characters. This is a great destination for the whole family since the variety means there is something for everyone. Visitors particularly love the Old West Shootout.
15. Knott’s Soak City U.S.A. Although Soak City U.S.A. is affiliated with Knott’s Berry Farm, it has a separate gate. The park has slides and other water attractions, and like the theme park, the attractions are targeted at a range of ages. Families in particular love Pacific Spin. Plus, Soak City has one of the longest lazy river rides around.
16. Medieval Times at Buena Park Castle. By attending Medieval Times, it is possible to see reenactments of ancient times with knights and horses in an 11th century castle replica. Families with kids find the castle and its make-believe atmosphere especially invigorating.
17. Titanic The Experience. Everyone knows the story of the Titanic. This attraction lets guests discover it in a very personal way. The rooms showcase all aspect of the ship, and there are actors on hand to provide historical accounts. Every guest is given a card describing an actual passenger, giving guests a personal connection to this tragedy.
18. Pirates Dinner Adventure. Pirates may not be fun to meet on the high seas, but it is certainly fun to meet them here. Guests are welcomed to a showroom that features a Spanish-style galleon with 18th century details. The show is spectacular, and the food is delicious. Guests often love coming early to meet the pirates.
19. SkyThrills! Biplane Rides. This company offers biplane tours in Los Angeles and Catalina Island. Rides include tricks at speeds over 200 miles per hour. This is an experience that guests never forget, especially with the top notch customer service from the pilots.
20. Air Combat USA. Visitors rave about Air Combat USA for its unparalleled exhilaration. Visitors have the chance to go in the air with licensed fighter pilots, engaging in extensive mock battle. Although the cost is a bit expensive, it is an experience that will last a lifetime.
21. Anaheim Helicopters. Anaheim Helicopters offers fantastic tours of Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. Visitors can pick and choose their helicopter package, which can range in length and destination. Every guest agrees that the exceptional service from the pilots and the breathtaking views are worth every second.
22. Spiked Paint. At Spiked Paint, everyone can be an artist. During every Spiked Paint session, instructors take guests step by step through a famous masterpiece, breaking it down so everyone creates something amazing. Many people especially love the relaxed atmosphere, complete with drinks!
23. Huntington Beach Pier. As one of the longest piers in California, Huntington Beach Pier has a wealth of recreational opportunities. From shopping to fishing, it is the perfect destination at day or night. Many visitors recommend stopping at Ruby’s, a diner at the end of the pier.
24. Downtown Huntington Beach. Huntington Beach is known for surfing, but the downtown is surprisingly well developed. The range of shops and eateries is impressive, and many families appreciate the reasonable prices. There are even play areas and a farmer’s market on hand.
25. International Surfing Museum. Located in Huntington Beach, this small museum offers an intimate look at surf culture. There is plenty of memorabilia, and visitors always appreciate the hands-on owner. Better still, admission is free!
26. Sunset Gondola. This family-run business offers various gondola packages that take guests along the water in classic European-styled boats. Guests have extolled the quality of the sunset views, which are always striking across the ocean.
27. Old World Village. This stretch of eating and shopping venues has a Bavarian theme. The architecture creates the right ambiance for an afternoon stroll. Visitors delight in the German cuisine, and while it is pleasant all year, it is at its height for Octoberfest.
Any of these attractions would make a great summer outing. No matter what you choose, let Anaheim Express Inn Maingate be your home base. With a convenient location near the main entrance of Disneyland, the Anaheim Express Inn Maingate is ready to serve guests no matter what their Anaheim adventure may entail.